Solid Angle Maya to Arnold 2.0.1 for Maya 2015-2018 | 581.4 mb
Solid Angle has released version 2.0.1 of Arnold for Maya (or MtoA). This plug-ins provides a bridge to the Arnold renderer from within Maya’s standard interface. MtoA is now shipping with the Arnold 184.108.40.206 core.
Arnold is one of the leading render plugins in the world of 3D graphics. It is a fast and efficient Monte Carlo raytracer. The realism that it delivers, added to the simplicity of its interface, is what made Solid Angle’s masterpiece so popular.
MtoA 2.0.1 is the version included in Maya 2018. It contains major bugfixes and new features:
– Several MtoA shaders didn’t appear in batch renders
– Kick was returning color management errors
– Fixed multi-thread issues related to color management
– Linux : synColor_shaders.so couldn’t be loaded
– OSX : maketx command couldn’t be executed
– Indirect lighting was wrong with chained bump shaders
– Multiple XGen patches weren’t rendering properly in IPR
– Per-face shading assignments could fail
– Fixed Shadow Matte result when used with an Image Plane
– Image plane color space was lost during IPR iterations
– Fixed viewport warnings in Maya 2015/2016
– Switch shader wasn’t exported when connected to RGBA shaders
– Mesh lights were shaded incorrectly in transmission rays
– Connecting a texture to Transmission Weight was greying out the SubSurface section
Arnold RenderView (ARV):
– ARV settings are now saved in user preferences (instead of being saved in the scene).
– Menu Save Image Options allows you to choose a view transform when the image is saved
– Added icon and hotkey for Isolate selected
– Fixed crash when the render camera, or the displayed AOV, is deleted
– Gamma slider didn’t work until Display Settings weren’t opened
New Features / Parameters :
– Introducing AOV Shaders, that allow additional shaders (like the AovWrite shaders) to be invoked during rendering. 3rd party shaders like cryptomatte can be ported to be used as an Aov Shader.
– New Thin Film parameters in Standard Surface
– Added support for Blobby and Cloud modes in Particles
– Volumes can now be used inside a PolyMesh
– Indirect Sample Clamp in the Render Settings allows you to reduce the noise caused by indirect illumination (it’s now enabled by default)
– AOV Indirect attribute in Skydomes allows you to choose whether the skydome illumination has to fill the “direct” or the “indirect” AOVs.
– Added “Coat” builtin AOVs, and removed the coat illumination from the “Specular” AOVs
– Added attribute presets in Standard Surface IOR and Subsurface Radius parameters
– Strength parameter in !aiNormalMap
– Added Export Color Manager option in the export settings
– Texture mode in Image planes is now supported
Other Changes :
– Extended “Convert deprecated shaders” menu to support alSurface / alHair
– Fixed/removed deprecated “help” menus
– Added existing atmosphere nodes in the atmosphere’s “Create” list
– Linux : delete previously installed files before a new version is installed
About Solid Angle SL.
Solid Angle SL is the technology company behind the Arnold rendering software, with offices in Madrid and London and customers throughout the world including Framestore, DreamWorks, ILM, Sony Pictures Imageworks, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Image and Rising Sun Pictures. Arnold was designed from the ground up to efficiently raytrace the complex geometric datasets required for feature-length CGI animation and big budget visual effects, while at the same time simplifying the pipeline, reducing the number of passes, minimizing storage requirements and greatly enhancing interactivity for lighting artists.
Product: Solid Angle Maya to Arnold
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC / Linux / MacOsx
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 and later / Linux RHEL6 equivalent (glibc 2.12) and later / (Mac OSX) 10.8 and later
Software Prerequisites: Autodesk Maya 2015 and above