Bookends 12.7.8 | MacOSX | 39 MB
Bookends is a full-featured bibliography/reference and information-management system for students and professionals. Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro, or MS Word (including Word 2011): Bookends allows you to scan your existing word-processor files and automatically generate finished manuscripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages ’08, ’09, and 5, and OpenOffice 3 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform. And with Bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
– Web of Science
– Google Scholar
– Library of Congress
– and hundreds of other online sources.
Or use a built-in browser to download references with PDF’s and/or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can discover articles as soon as they’re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, and virtual groups.
Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attachment features:
Attach any file (such as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly.
Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
Automatically locate and attach PDF’s on your hard drive.
Sync your library with Bookends On Tap on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, so that you have your references and PDF’s with you, wherever you are.
What’s New Version 12.7.8:
* Implemented a workaround for a scanning bug in Microsoft Word 2016 15.28 and later
The scanned document should once more retain hidden citations, text size, and document styles.
* Styled text in abstracts and notes is shown in the Summary view
* Autofill From Internet can use JSTOR if the reference has a stable JSTOR URL
* Unchecking an automated PubMed search in the Import Filters Manager clears the search history
If the list of references previously found and ignored gets very large over time, showing the results of searches can become slow. Unchecking and checking the search again can improve performance.
* Optimizations in the import filter format
Note that import filters created or edited with Bookends 12.7.8 or later will generate an error message if used in earlier versions of Bookends.
* Worked around changes at Amazon so that cover art can be downloaded again
* Restored some PDF annotation features that were unavailable in Sierra due to macOS bugs
There are still problems for which no workaround has been found, and for the time being we recommend that you avoid Sierra, especially 10.12.2 and later.
* Automatic PDF downloading in Bookends Browser works with Nature Communications
* Updated some queries used in advanced PubMed searches to deal with changes made by PubMed
* Added a Library of Congress Z39.50 import filter
Unlike the built-in Library of Congress search, this filter will retrieve Unicode (e.g. accented) characters from the Library of Congress. To import them correctly, set the Bookends menu File -> Import Text Encoding -> UTF-8.
* When outputting names as surname-only in small caps, small caps will be applied to institutional names (i.e., names terminated with a comma)
* Obtain the full hierarchical pathnames to groups in your library via an AppleEvent
Implementation details can be found in the User Guide.
* Bug fixes
Fixed a bug in Google Scholar import where the wrong reference could be imported. Fixed a bug that caused an error when Bookends Server returns a formatted reference. Fixed an bug in generating a format catalog where the format couldn’t be opened. Fixed a bug where an error was thrown if you opened Preferences without having an Internet connection. Fixed a bug that could cause Bookends to throw an error for some edited formats. Fixed a cosmetic bug where the entire displayed result would be highlighted after doing an advanced Google Scholar search. Fixed a bug that could on rare occasions cause the Summary view to have an orange background. Fixed some issues with converting old custom formats to the current schema. Fixed a bug in autocomplete paper where attachments could be renamed even when the “rename attachment” checkbox was unchecked. Autocomplete Paper now works when searching the Library of Congress. Prevented an error that was thrown when the Online Search window was closed before the reply was received. Fixed a bug that caused an error on opening a library when the backup prompt checkbox was checked in preferences. Fixed a bug in Wi-Fi sync with Bookends for iOS where the unique ID was not being transferred. Fixed a bug in formatting author surnames in small caps.
Requirements: Intel, OS X 10.7 or later
Home Page –
Code: Select all
Download Via UploadGIG
Download Via RapidGator